16 Feb 2007

Being yummy isn't so bad after all

Yesterday Sam slept for an hour in the morning, so I used the time wisely. Nope, I didn't clean weeks of baby crud off the carpet, clear the maggots from the cat food dish or even watch Jeremy Kyle. I had... a shower. A rare treat indeed. Then, I chose something nice to wear... a skirt, a posh sweater and trendy knee-high leather boots. Okay, so I had a hole in the gusset of my tights, but otherwise I looked like I'd stepped straight off the cover of Mother & Baby mag.
For the rest of the day I felt calm, in control and I began to understand what it's all about, this yummyness. Looking good on the outside makes you feel good on the inside. It's so simple.
Then I took Sam to the park via the corner shop and I felt like a right nobber. You see the thing is, I live in Lewisham, not Dulwich, not blinkin' Putney, but good old SE13 where looking like you've just stepped off the 185 bus (and not out of the salon) is de rigeur.
Today I'm back in my usual get-up, but the experience has taught me one thing... I need to buy some new tights.

No comments: